Join Rose Welch on a vibrant
journey around the island
March 30 – April 9, 2020
Spend a magical 11 days connecting with the Balinese culture through captivating excursions to temples and palaces, meaningful conversations with cultural leaders, and visits to organizations helping to address some of the island’s greatest challenges. We are thrilled to have Rose Welch back in Bali to share with you many of the people, places, and activities that Bali Institute has come to truly treasure over our 15 years on the ground in Bali. This journey is sure to inspire you in ways you never imagined.
- Meet the founder of ARMA Museum and hear him talk about the philosophy of Balinese culture and traditions as he guides you on a private tour.
- Join the Prince of Peliatan for a private tour & dinner. Special opportunity to ask the Prince questions about Bali’s traditional culture as well as modern-day challenges.
- Explore Bali’s most sacred purification temple.
- Visit local organizations addressing some of Bali’s most pressing challenges.
- Snorkel above a gorgeously restored coral reef – Speak with a Balinese visionary about the future of Bali in this age of tourism and globalization.
- Have dinner with a local Balinese family at their compound.
- Experience a unique temple at night.
- Delicious Balinese food, incredible scenery, culture and art.
Dig deep into Balinese culture with Rose during your first five days near Ubud, the cultural arts capital and hub of “global transformation.” Spend your nights at a stunning Balinese-owned hotel with full amenities and easy access to Ubud village. Witness this extraordinary culture and its honoring of ancient traditions at its best. You’ll visit remote temples with private guides, meet with visionary Balinese, experience healers first-hand, and enjoy a private meeting with of one of the Royal Family princes and visit his palace.
Your journey continues to the northwest remote ocean village of Pemuteran where you will spend 3 nights staying right on the beach in a gorgeous villa resort. Considered the “spiritual capital” of Bali, experiences will include visiting one of the most unique temples of Bali for an evening visit and blessing ceremony, dinner at a local Balinese home compound, snorkeling in some of the best areas of Bali including the coral reef restoration area and Menjangan Island, optional divine spa treatments, dining on fresh organic tropical foods and more. Attend local ceremonies as available.
A final 2 nights of renewal brings you to Sanur, a seaside town in southeast Bali made up a long stretch of gorgeous beach with calm, shallow waters. Colorful jukung fishing boats rest on the sand and a paved path snakes along the beach for several kilometers. Sanur is home for great restaurants, a wide variety of shops and a relaxed atmosphere. These last days will be spent preparing for your journey home, enjoying delicious meals and shopping for souvenirs as you reflect on the memories you have created!
About the Program Leaders:
Rose Welch holds a degree in Cultural Anthropology (Native American and African Studies) and a Master’s degree in Gerontology. She was on staff with The Institute of Noetic Sciences for 25 years as Executive Assistant to three Presidents, Board Liaison, Community Group Coordinator, Conference and Event Coordinator, Development Assistant and Coordinator of the Temple Award for Creative Altruism. Recently retired, she has a lifelong interest in the anthropological passages of aging, as well as community leadership. She has grounded her outlook on life with irreverence and humor. She wants to help others engage and embrace life with gusto in a safe community of learning and cultural immersion. She lives in Big Sur, CA and Ashland, OR.
Pricing & Registration
- Double Occupancy – $2895
- Single Supplement – $550
–> If you are not traveling with someone you would like to share a room with, we will pair you with another solo traveler, if no one is available, single room occupancy fee may apply. Each traveler will have their own bed unless you have indicated otherwise.
- 10 nights, double occupancy at beautiful 3 and 4 star Balinese accommodations
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners
- All transportation in air-conditioned buses and vans throughout the program for activities listed on the itinerary
- Airport transfer on the start and end date of the program
- English speaking tour guide(s) and coordination team
- All activities listed on final program itinerary are included in the per person ground costs, including entrance fees, lectures and donations
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Customized program booklet for all participants with itinerary, program descriptions and other useful information
- 24/7 Medical and emergency staff support for the entire duration of the program
- Special gifts including sarong, sash and journal
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Trip cancellation, lost baggage, or medical insurance
- Laundry and personal items
- Meals not listed on itinerary
- Optional activities outside of the program itinerary
- International phone calls