Power of One – Community Based Interventions & Sustainable Business Practices
December 11-20, 2019
This course will explore how the Balinese people treat mental illness and sustain their communities. By experiencing unique and varied facets of traditional Balinese life and modern day challenges facing Bali, students will discover the unique intersection of community based interventions and sustainable business practices found in Bali. Students will reflect both independently and together on the significance of their experiences in Bali to their work and lives.
- Spend a morning at a local NGO for Balinese with disabilities
- learn about their skill-building programs and share lunch with the residents
- Enjoy special New Year’s Eve festitivies
- Try laughing yoga & meditation
- Join a seminar in collaboration with Udayana University students
- Participate in a session with a prominent local healer who uses numerology and astrology in his readings
Power of One: Bali, Indonesia. Course will explore how the Balinese people treat mental illness and sustain their communities. Students will experience the unique intersection of community based interventions and sustainable business practices as found in Bali. This will be achieved through an investigation of the historical, spiritual, cultural, and experiential perspectives.
During this excursion, we will experience unique and varied facets of Balinese land, people and culture and reflect alone and together on its significance and contribution to our work and lives.