A Magical Journey into Balinese Art & Culture
Join this transformational journey of inner creativity through the discovery of Balinese art and cultural traditions—of one of the richest and most dynamic ancient cultures still alive on earth.
Tap into your inner creative mind and you’ll be surprised to find what’s in there!
October 20 – 30, 2019
January 26 – February 5, 2020
April 12 – 22, 2020
August 9 – 19, 2020
November 8 – 18, 2020
Every day offers a different artistic discovery that will involve all the senses…
- Explore art through eyes, ears and heart.
- Daily art lessons, to tap into the uplifting creativity of Bali. You will have a chance to engage in a specific artistic discipline masterfully shown and taught by local Balinese masters:
- Traditional painting
- Wood carving
- Mask painting
- Batik threading and painting
- Legong traditional dance
- Gamelan music
- Puppet making
- Authentic performances that will immerse you in the magical atmosphere created by Balinese artists.
- Experiment with your hands.
- Every lesson ends up in a practical workshop to experiment and have fun with Balinese colors, materials, techniques and other performing arts features.
- Integrate with your mindful heart.
- Every day you will be guided in a creative art “laboratory”
- Every day your exploration will include a time for self-reflection and self-discovery
The creative act is a source of satisfaction, purpose, presence and realization! Here you will discover new capacities to expand your inquiry into art, for yourself and for the process it opens up for you in other aspects of your life.
“Art is a step in the known toward the unknown”.
- Kahlil Gibran
- Art history: Meet the founder of one of the most prestigious museums in Bali. Learn directly about the philosophy of Balinese culture and traditions as he guides you on a private tour.
- Daily art: Visit Ubud, considered the art and cultural capital of Bali and the heart of spiritual life and small surrounding artists communities,
- In Sacred Waters: Experience an early morning purifying ceremony in one of the most sacred holy spring water temples. Trust and letting go are the essential starting points when stepping into the fascinating culture of Bali.
- In Nature: Enjoy a guided herbal walk through Campuhan River valley, to connect with the ancient wisdom of Bali magical nature.
- Cultivating Gratitude: Instruction in and making of Canang (small Balinese offering baskets).
- Dinner with a Balinese Prince: Join the Prince of Peliatan for a private tour & dinner. Special opportunity to ask the Prince questions about Bali’s traditional culture as well as modern-day challenges.
- Fair Trade Business: Visit Threads of Life, a fair trade business that works with culture and conservation to alleviate poverty in rural Indonesia
“More important than a work of art itself is what it will sow.
Art can die, a painting can disappear. What counts is the seed”.
- Joan Miro
About the Program Leader:
Introducing Program Leader Claudia Pietrantoni. Claudia brings 20 years of art and personal growth experience. She developed a self growth/human development approach called “Integrated Active Learning”– a creative and dynamic combination of elements using a co-operative learning system, humanistic coaching, gestalt counseling, art counseling, sociodrama and meditation disciplines. It enables full involvement of the participants, leading them into:
- Direct experimentation of their own attitudes, skills and ways of relating to others and life
- Self reflection and constructive feedback with the group to increase awareness
- Cre-Active learning, that allows discovery of truthful strengths and blind spots
- A safe environment for authenticity with no fear of judgment or evaluation
The Art of Living will be a deep travel inside the beauty, talent and meaning of Balinese art, accompanied by the rediscovery of parts of you that are longing to be discovered and explored in a safe, engaging and nurturing space.
The essence of Bali will be a catalyst for the discoveries that your heart, mind and senses will be ready to embrace:
- a sense of sacredness that exists everywhere in Bali
- the warm generosity of Balinese people
- the power of nature emerging from rice fields, jungle views, rivers and waterfalls, colorful flowers and more
- the aliveness of local handicrafts markets
- stunning beaches and breathtaking sunrises and sunsets
A professional humanistic coach with a grounded passion for self-expression and self discovery will help you connect the dots of your own creative process
You will go home with a renewed sense of identity, imagination and possibility, along with a deeper understanding of the Balinese universe.
“The creative process is a process of surrender,
IN THE END YOU WILL GAIN:
- A deeper understanding and respect of the Balinese culture through art
- A deeper understanding and respect of your unique artistic expression
- A renewed sense of your creative potential in life
- A special hand-crafted memory of your personal experience
And you may also experience…
- The beauty of weaving new connections with new communities
- Finding a new way to understand yourself
- Getting clear on your own life purpose
- Connection to a deeper passion
- Feeling the power of your heart
- Discovery of a new or renewed love of art
- Inspiration for your own capacities
”Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
- Pablo Picasso
Art for Life
- Art is an experience that brings us closer to our own meaning of life
- It has the power to expand our abilities and talents
- It is an extension of who we are, expanding our ability to explore more fully our desires, hopes and dreams
- Art gives new life to who we are as humans and connects us powerfully with memories, hope, trust, happiness, self-knowledge, pleasure, confidence, balance.
“The artist is not a different kind of person,but every person is a different kind of artist”.
- Eric Gill
Pricing & Registration
- Double Occupancy – $2895 / participant
- Single Supplement – $750
–> If you are not traveling with someone you would like to share a room with, we will pair you with another solo traveler, if no one is available, single room occupancy fee may apply. Each traveler will have their own bed unless you have indicated otherwise.
- 10 nights at a beautiful Balinese hotel (double occupancy)
- All transportation in air-conditioned buses and vans throughout the program
- Airport transfer on the start and end date of the program
- Meals Included during program as listed on the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide(s) and coordination team
- All activities listed on final program itinerary are included in the per person ground costs, including entrance fees, lectures and donations.
- 24/7 Medical and emergency staff support for the entire duration of the program
- Special gifts including sarong, sash & journal
- Visa costs (if applicable)
- Trip cancellation, lost baggage, or medical insurance
- Laundry and personal items
- Meals not listed on itinerary
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Optional activities outside of the program itinerary
- International phone calls